Important Extracts of Alumni Byelaw
- The Name of the Asociation shall be ALUMNI ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING KALLOOPPARA henceforth referred to as AACEK
- The Association shall have chapters at different places
- The head quarters of the association shall be located at the College of Engineering Kallooppara, Pathanamthitta District and the address of the Association is COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING KALLOOPPARA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, College of Engineering Kallooppara, Kadamankulam P.O Pathanamthitta District-689603
2.1 Member type and eligibility for membership to the association is categorized as:
The Principal of the College of Engineering Kallooppara, shall be the ex-officio Patron of AACEK.
b) Alumni Member:
Any former student who has completed three academic years in the College of Engineering Kallooppara shall be eligible for the Alumni membership of the association
c) Staff Member:
Any permanent member of the teaching staff who has completed one year of service in the College shall be eligible for the Staff membership of the association
d) Honorary Member:
AACEK may decide to confer Honorary Membership to eminent persons. All Principals who have been Patrons of AACEK will automatically be eligible for honorary membership after they cease to hold the position of Principal.
The rules for enrollment of members to the association are as follows:
3.1 Alumni Members:
Any former student who has completed three academic years in the College of Engineering Kallooppara and whose membership fees have been received by the CEK Alumni Association, upon graduation will be automatically deemed to be a member of the alumni association shall be eligible for the Alumni membership of the association . Alumni members are expected to register with the alumni association for future communication and periodically update their contact information in the alumni database, online at the AACEK website.
3.2. Staff Members:
All teaching staff who has completed one year of service in the College shall be eligible for the Staff membership of the association shall be entitled to apply for registration of membership in the form prescribed by the executive committee of the association.
3.3. Honorary Members:
Eminent persons may be admitted to be honorary members, as may be considered by the executive committee of the association, in consultation with the patron. Ex-Patrons of AACEK automatically become Honorary Members after they cease to be the Principal of College of Engineering Kallooppara.
- SUBSCRIPTION AND FEES:
4.1 Lifetime Membership Fee: The life membership fee of the association shall be Rs.500/-
(Rupees Five Hundred only) for alumni members as defined above.
4.2 Staff/Honorary Membership Fee: Staff members and honorary members are not obliged to pay any membership fee.
The membership and subscription fees are subject to revision from time to time with the approval of the General Body.
- ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE:
5.1 Organizational Structure of the Association consists of:
- The GENERAL BODY
- The EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE and Office Bearers (President etc).
5.1.1 The EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EC):
Its FORMATION, its ROLE, AND FUNCTION
The affairs of the ASSOCIATION will be managed by an EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (EC) per the Clauses below.
Executive Committee (EC) consists
188.8.131.52One member from each branch/year, elected from the General body, who will be designated as ‘EC’ Members
184.108.40.206Five(5) Elected Office Bearers from among the above EC members
5.1.3 Faculty Alumni Nomination: The Principal may nominate two faculty from among the staff members of College of Engineering Kallooppara Alumni Association. The two alumni faculty members along with the faculty in charge of Alumni Affairs will form the three faculty member committee from the institute. Their membership will be ratified during the AGM.
- Election of EC Members Including Office Bearers
- Election: The general body shall elect, at its annual meeting, the EC Members as described in 5.1.1 and five office bearers from among for positions described in Clause 220.127.116.11 and three faculty members as described in 5.1.3 to form the executive committee.